Helping Students Achieve Their Dreams of Higher Education
Piedmont Federal Savings Bank believes in helping students achieve their dreams of higher education. That’s why we are proud to offer an annual scholarship to students in the communities we serve. This scholarship is open to high school seniors who plan to attend a private or public college or university.
Piedmont Federal Bank will award two $1,000 scholarships to the candidates who best demonstrates achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and community activities. The recipients will also best demonstrate how they will utilize their education to make a difference in their future career.
SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA TO APPLY
- Student must be a senior in high school.
- Student must be a Piedmont Federal Savings Bank customer or a dependent of a current Piedmont Federal Savings Bank customer.
- Student must plan to attend a private or public college or university (2 or 4 year). If the student has not yet been accepted into a college or university, they may still apply for the scholarship.
- Student must have a cumulative high school grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on a 4-point scale).
- Student must submit a copy of their high school transcript (grades 9-12) with the application.
- Student must demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, character, leadership, citizenship, and involvement in school and/or community activities.
- Student must submit a 500-word essay. In 500 words or less, the student should discuss how they selected their intended field of interest or major. The applicant should share any experience they have in their intended field of interest (e.g., volunteer work, summer jobs, extracurricular activities, internships, etc.) and share what they gained from that experience. The essay should describe how the student’s college or university education will contribute to their immediate or long-range career plan(s) and how they will use their education to make a difference in the future.
- Student must submit a letter of recommendation with the application.
- Children or immediate family members of Piedmont Federal officers and employees are not eligible.
Applicants are evaluated by a Piedmont Federal Savings Bank Scholarship Selection Committee based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated academic ability – Applicants should provide school transcripts. A minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 is required to be eligible for scholarship funding.
- Demonstrated writing ability – Applicants must submit an essay on the topic listed in the application.
- School activities – Applicants should list all school activities and explain which activity is most important and why.
- Community activities – Applicants should list all community activities unrelated to school and explain which activity is most important and why.
Guidelines to Receive Scholarship Funds:
- Piedmont Federal Savings Bank will disburse scholarship funds in one payment of $1,000 for the recipient’s freshman year of post-secondary school, subject to the student meeting the requirements described above.
- Scholarship funds will not be released until Piedmont Federal Savings Bank receives proof of enrollment via a tuition statement for academic year. The scholarship recipient is responsible for providing Piedmont Federal Savings Bank a copy of their tuition statement in a timely manner. Piedmont Federal Savings Bank will mail the scholarship check directly to the college or university.
- The payment will be disbursed during the student’s first semester upon receipt of a tuition statement.
- Tuition statements and transcripts should be uploaded on the AwardSpring Scholarship site, but can be mailed or emailed to Piedmont Federal Savings Bank.
- Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: 201 S. Stratford Rd., Winston-Salem, NC, c/o Kelly Minor
2022–2023 Scholarship Timeline:
- Applications must be submitted to Piedmont Federal Savings Bank by February 1, 2022. Any applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Early April 2022 – All applicants are notified of their application status via email by Piedmont Federal Savings Bank.
- The winners will be announced on or before May 15, 2021.
- June–July 2022 – Payments are processed, and funds are distributed to the college, community college or university directly by Piedmont Federal Savings Bank.