Piedmont Federal actively monitors and protects your accounts in many ways.
Piedmont Federal is committed to providing you with a secure online experience that protects your confidential information. We take the following measures to help ensure your safety and security online.
- Secure Website. We use the latest, industry-accepted security practices to safeguard your personal financial information. This means that when you are on our secured website, the information transferred between you and Piedmont Federal is encrypted.
- Select your own User ID and Password. When you sign up for Online Banking, you will create your own User ID and Password that you’ll use each time you access your online banking account. This information is automatically encrypted during transmission.
- Layered Security. At Piedmont Federal, we utilize two-factor authentication for accessing your accounts. When you set up your account, besides a unique user ID and password, you will be asked to provide personal security questions and answers to help authenticate who you are when transacting with us. We also recognize your user patterns, when and how you access online banking, to help verify your identity. If you utilize online banking from a device we do not recognize, you will be asked to answer a Security Question or we may periodically ask you a Security Question.
- Automatic Time-Outs. After a period of inactivity, you will automatically be logged off your current online session. Re-establishing and authenticating your credentials for your online session helps reduce unauthorized access to your accounts.
We take the following measures to help protect your debit card from fraudulent use.
- Monitoring your account. Piedmont Federal has monitoring systems in place to detect fraudulent activity.
- Suspicious Activity Alerts. If suspicious transactions are detected, a fraud specialist will contact you to verify the authenticity of the suspicious transaction.
- MasterCard SecureCode. MasterCard SecureCode is an online security service to guard you against unauthorized use of your debit card while shopping online at participating merchants.
- CardValet. Help protect your debit card from fraud with this free app, providing the ability to actively manage debit card usage – setting parameters for when, where and how your debit card is used.
Communicating With Us
- Personalized Email Communications. Piedmont Federal will never send you an email requesting your personal identifying information.
- Secure Messaging. Our online banking has a secure messaging feature. In order to access secure messaging, you’ll need to sign into Online Banking. Messages sent within Online Banking are secure.